Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Better understand appropriate evaluation, treatment, and preventive measures that should be instituted during infancy and continued on a regular basis to maintain optimal health.
- Discuss the common oral conditions (common acquired conditions, developmental conditions, and congenital conditions) of the pediatric patient.
- Explain the eruption patterns of the pediatric patient.
- Discuss the caries process which includes etiology and transmission, patterns of decay, caries risk assessment, and anticipatory guidance.
- Describe what to do for orofacial trauma in the pediatric patient.