Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify states that have legalized marijuana for medical and recreational use.
- Be familiar with the demographics of marijuana use among all age groups.
- Understand the mechanism of action of THC, consequences on the general health and the oral health implications with the use of marijuana.
- Understand the risks of oral cancer development, caries and periodontal disease in the marijuana user.
- Consider additional research needed to understand the oral health risks and problems associated with widespread marijuana use.