Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss the history of the power toothbrush.
- Understand the different power toothbrush technologies.
- Describe the clinical significance of plaque.
- Detail the power toothbrush's effect on plaque, gingivitis, calculus and stain.
- Discuss the oral safety considerations of power toothbrushes.
- Describe the basis for professional recommendation of power toothbrushes.
- Summarize research presented on patient compliance with brushing recommendations.
- Instruct patients on the use of power toothbrushes.