Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the history of tobacco.
- Identify the tobacco and nicotine products currently on the market.
- Be aware of the impact of these products on oral health.
- Understand the basics of nicotine addiction.
- Know the smoking cessation modalities which are currently available.
- Utilize new skills to help work with tobacco and nicotine addicted patients.
- Make working with tobacco addicted patients one of the most gratifying experiences of one’s dental professional career.