Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify the possible signs and symptoms of child maltreatment as they might present in the context of dental health care.
- Develop strategies for gathering facts from the child if appropriate.
- Recognize legal obligations of dental professionals to document and report suspected child maltreatment.
- Identify the treatment that dentists should provide to children believed to be the victims of maltreatment.
- Recognize ways the dental profession can help reduce child maltreatment.