Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss how tobacco and nicotine products have evolved over the years.
- Identify the types of nicotine that are used in these products.
- List the different types of nicotine found in tobacco and nicotine products.
- Explain how tobacco and nicotine products effect the body.
- Understand the concept of tobacco harm reduction and be able to identify the latest tobacco harm reduction products.
- Assess how effective these products are as nicotine cessation aids and if they are truly safe.