Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Describe the rationale for the new 2018 classification of periodontal and peri-implant diseases.
- Identify the key dynamics that formed the basis of the new classification system.
- Describe the 4 major components of the new classification system.
- Explain the concept and criteria for Staging and Grading of periodontitis.
- Describe the steps for determining a periodontal diagnosis.
- Discuss how this new classification system fits in with Precision Medicine.