Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss the evolution of power/electric toothbrushes.
- Understand the different electric toothbrush technologies.
- Describe how different toothbrush technologies effect plaque, gingivitis, calculus and stain.
- Discuss the oral safety considerations of electric toothbrushes.
- Discuss evidence-based decision-making concepts and the hierarchy of evidence.
- Describe the basis for professional recommendation of electric toothbrushes.
- Summarize research presented on patient compliance with brushing recommendations.
- Identify instructional videos for different electric toothbrushes.