What to Know About Whitening
COURSE NUMBER: 491
Jane L. Forrest, EdD, BSDH; Lesley McGovern Kupiec, RDH, MSDH
This course will review the differences between whitening and bleaching and how to identify types of stains or causes of tooth discoloration, how to properly include whitening in individual treatment plans, and how to discuss the options, b...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course will review the differences between whitening and bleaching and how to identify types of stains or causes of tooth discoloration, how to properly include whitening in individual treatment plans, and how to discuss the options, benefits and potential adverse effects.
Dental Assistant Students, Dental Assistants, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Hygienists, Dental Students, Dentists, Office Managers
Date Course Online:
Nov 19, 2019
Last Revision Date:
Course Expiration Date:
Nov 18, 2022
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Explain the difference between whitening and bleaching.
- Discuss the etiology of intrinsic and extrinsic stains.
- Identify indications and contraindications for bleaching.
- Discuss the 4 categories of whitening options.
- Discuss the pros and cons for each of the 4 categories of whitening options.
- Discuss the possible side-effects of bleaching.
- Given case scenarios, apply criteria in determining whether candidates qualify for bleaching.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
ADA CERP Recognized Provider
The Procter & Gamble Company is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a dental CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at: http://www.ada.org/cerp
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886